About St. Thomas UCC
You are Welcome Here!
An Old Church
Founded 1791 as Wenrich's Reformed Church.
Worship held on site as early as 1760's in a log schoolhouse.
First worship by Scottish (Presbyterian), then English (Anglican), then
German (Reformed and Lutheran) settlers. Thus an ecumenical heritage!
Historic cemetery includes
Native American Sioux Princess
Whitefeather (Mary Eaglefeather
A union church from 1792 to
1952, the two congregations
shared the historic building. The former sister congregation is now
Christ Lutheran Church, Linglestown.
A Connected Church
A member congregation of the United Church of Christ, we profess
Jesus Christ as Lord. We practice freedom of belief, worship and expression
of faith. As member of the living Body of the Risen Christ, we cherish
friendships with other congregations and traditions. We are called to
demonstrate our love of God in loving service to others.
We believe God is still speaking!
A Growing Church
St. Thomas counts it a privilege to welcome new friends and grow in
faith together. The congregation has grown from 400 to 500 members since
1993. The Linglestown area grows rapidly.
A brand new Central Dauphin High School is just down the road.
A Building Church
The 20-pew sanctuary dates to 1857. Additions followed in 1959, 1981
and 2000. We are planning for a building addition.